Who doesn't love a chic gallery wall? As a fan of mixing prints, styles and colors - gallery walls are the perfect way to add personality to any room. When designing for a full-floor unit in the Palmolive building in downtown Chicago, I created a salon style art wall, complete with funky mixed frames and a stunning 3D bronze horse bust to add some dimension.
Looking to add a chic art wall to your own home? Here are a few of my favorite items to include in any salon wall design.
1. Lighten things up: Adding luxurious lighting to a gallery wall makes your space even more multi-dimensional. I love finding vintage light fixtures whether an art light or sconces at flea markets or antique stores to amp up the glamour of my favorite vintage paintings and art.
2. Go wild: I always love a little animal bust! The natural look of these unfinished antelope horns are perfect for both bright and neutral rooms alike. Go with naturally shed antlers or search for vintage ones.
3. Decorate with bold colors: As a lover of all things vibrant, I love to add a few bold punches of color to any gallery wall. I love this Shop Jules II Framed Print, which adds the perfect touch to any wall.
4. Add a little glamour: As I'll say again and again, I love antique flourishes. I've used a few pairs of vintage gilded italian shell sconces in projects over the years, and I love the look of the gold in contrast with colorful art.
5. Get whimsical: I've long been a fan of Slim Aaron's iconic 60's photography, and I love that it always whisks you away to a tropical paradise with every view. Whenever I want to add a fun flourish to a gallery wall, I often reach for a framed piece of his photography.
6. Gold and glam: Antique gold mirrors are an effortless way to add shine to a gallery wall (as well as opening up a space!)
8. Go abstract: Mix bold photos and paintings with more abstract pieces of art to give your gallery wall a little more depth. It's all about the mix!
So, now the question is - when are you going to make your own? And if you do, let me know how it goes - I'd love to see how it turns out!